JumpStart NYC is a proven, three-month educational program to help unemployed professionals apply their knowledge, skills, and abilities in opportunities at small, entrepreneurial companies.
One of Mayor Bloomberg’s initiatives to boost the New York City economy, JumpStart NYC has successfully delivered eight programs that help participants develop new skills, sample the environment at small, entrepreneurial companies/non-profits, and explore opportunities in New York’s entrepreneurial firms — including New York City’s budding “green” sector — in many cases creating new career paths and opportunities.
JumpStart NYC was initiated by the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC). Its courses, events and seminars were developed by The Levin Institute (SUNY), and there’s no cost to you.
This upcoming JumpStart NYC includes:
- 10 day boot camp at Levin to re-orient talent to succeed in small, entrepreneurial companies.
- Modules that explore New York City’s growing “green” sectors and sustainable businesses.
- 12-week (part-time, 240 hour) action-learning projects at small, entrepreneurial firms (green tech, digital media, arts, financial and other services).
- Regular mentoring, coaching, and networking sessions
- 1-day “capstone” wrap-up session on completing a successful transition.
Learn more about JUMPSTART NYC 8.0 (September 12 – 23, 2011):
- RSVP to attend an Information Session on either July 13th or August 2nd from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the SUNY Levin Institute.
JumpStartNYC 8.0 Boot Camp is September 12-23 2011. Apply online.